n its three-game trip through the Ne

lw789

n its three-game trip through the Ne

Postautor: lw789 » 25 wrz 2018 08:58

VANCOUVER -- Former Vancouver Canucks enforcer Gino Odjick says he has a rare terminal illness. Odjick, in a letter published Thursday on the Canucks website, said he was diagnosed with AL (Primary) Amyloidosis two months ago. "Its causing abnormal protein to be produced and deposits are being formed on my heart," said Odjick. "Its hardening my heart and my doctors arent sure how long I have to live. "Initially they thought years, but now they think it could be a lot less. I could be down to months or even weeks." The 43-year-old Odjick played from 1990-2002 in the NHL, including eight years in Vancouver and two in Montreal. He also played for the New York Islanders and Philadelphia Flyers, recording 64 goals, 73 assists and 2,567 penalty minutes in 605 regular season games. Odjick played 44 playoff games, all with Vancouver, scoring four goals and an assist. The Maniwaki, Que., native was drafted by the Canucks in the fifth round (86th overall) of the 1990 NHL Draft. "I feel very fortunate for the support Ive received over the years," Odjick said. "During my career I played in some great NHL cities including Vancouver, Long Island, Philadelphia and Montreal. "In my heart, I will always be a Canuck and I have always had a special relationship here with the fans." Odjick said he was diagnosed with the disease two days after Pat Quinn was added to Rogers Arenas Ring of Honour in April, and hes been in hospital ever since. Paulo Dybala Jersey . With nothing tangible at stake, the Raptors turned in their most impressive outing of the fall in their seventh and second to last exhibition tilt against their stiffest competition yet, but they lost a couple starters in the process. Wojciech Szczesny Jersey . Hicham Khalouas late goal improved Almerias chances of avoiding relegation in a match dominated by contentious calls, including three penalties. One day after Barcelonas 4-3 win at Real Madrid featured three penalties, referees again dominated a wide-open game that saw Almeria ultimately move out of the relegation zone and one point ahead of Getafe which took its place. http://www.juventusfcpro.com/Kids-Miral ... ic-Jersey/. -- The Denver Broncos retired John Elways No. Claudio Marchisio Jersey . -- Maxence Parrot of Bromont, Que. Juventus Jerseys . HEROES Alex Ovechkin – Scored a pair of goals in Washington’s 4-0 win over Pittsburgh. With 13 goals in the past 13 games, Ovechkin now has 29 goals on the season to lead the league.NEW YORK -- The Rangers clutch victory over the Stanley Cup champions earlier this week would have lost a lot of lustre if New York couldnt back it up against the struggling Dallas Stars. The Rangers needed 58 minutes to get ahead -- and then spent the final two holding on. Rick Nash snapped a tie with 1:58 left, and the Rangers sent the Stars to their fifth straight loss, 3-2 on Friday night. New York is 7-2-1 in its last 10, but more importantly, the Rangers followed up their stirring win at Chicago on Wednesday with another one at home. "We talked about it this morning," said Henrik Lundqvist, who made 24 saves to earn his second straight win. "Its always a great feeling when you come up big in the end of a game." Nash poked a rebound of Chris Kreiders shot past goalie Kari Lehtonen to give New York its first lead. Nash has 10 goals this season and three in three games. "I think it was 50 per cent luck ... well, probably 70 per cent luck and 30 per cent skill," Nash said of his 50th game-winner. "I was just following the puck. It went a little bit higher than anticipated, but luckily it went in." Ryan Callahan and Derick Brassard both erased one-goal Rangers deficits, and Brad Richards had two assists to extend his point streak to four games (two goals, four assists). Ryan Garbutt and Cody Eakin both had a goal and assist, but the Stars remained winless in 2014. Lehtonen stopped 31 shots for Dallas, which went 0-3 on its three-game trip through the New York metropolitan area. "I thought we skated better," Stars coach Lindy Ruff said. "I thought we created a little bit more and I thought we were better with the puck. We still have a ways to go, though." After being shut out for the first time this season in a 1-0 loss at New Jersey on Thursday, the Stars got their offence on track early -- grabbing the lead 4:06 in on Eakins ninth goal. Garbutt outraced Rangers defenceman Marc Staal to a loose puck deep in the New York end and sent a pass back to Eakin in the right circle. Eakin let go a shot that Lundqvist blocked with his arm, but couldnt control as it found its way in. Dallas had the lead despite being outshot 8-3 at the time in thee sluggish first period that featured multiple icings and frequent faceoffs.dddddddddddd New York tied it with 8:40 left in the period on Callahans eighth of the season and first in five games since the Rangers captain returned from a nine-game absence caused by a sprained knee ligament. Benoit Pouliot kept the puck in the Dallas zone at the right point and got it to Richards, who took a shot. Richards got to his rebound and moved the puck to his right to the streaking Callahan, who snapped in a drive as he was flying to the ice. Dallas regained the lead 3:34 into the second on Garbutts eighth goal. Antoine Roussel sent a pass that Garbutt knocked down with the shaft of his stick. He then jammed the puck between Lundqvists pads. However, the Rangers tied it 2-2 just 4:48 later when Brassard scored a power-play goal on the games first advantage. Mats Zuccarello sent a hard shot from above the right circle into the slot where Brassard deflected it past Lehtonen for his seventh of the season and fifth on the power play. "I didnt do much. I just shot it. All the credit to him," Zuccarello said of Brassard. "If its there, its there. If its not there, its not there. "I just shot it. He made a really nice tip. Its a skill play by him." The Rangers, who swept the two-game season series from Dallas, have scored a power-play goal in nine of the past 12 games. "When a power play works, it keeps the other team honest because they dont want to see the power play on the ice," Rangers coach Alain Vigneault said. "Our power play has been working real well for us. Its been giving us momentum, its been giving us timely goals." New York had other scoring chances in the second, including several scrums in front of the net, but couldnt convert. Nash shot wide on a breakaway, and Richards struck the crossbar with a drive. NOTES: Callahan had an assist in each of his previous three games. ... Stars D Aaron Rome returned after missing two games with an upper-body injury. ... Garbutt has three goals in his last eight games. ... Dallas received its only power play in the third period. ... Rangers C J.T. Miller, scratched for the second straight game, is going down to Hartford of the AHL. Cheap Ducks Jerseys Cheap Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Bruins Jerseys Cheap Sabres Jerseys Cheap Flames Jerseys Cheap Hurricanes Jerseys Cheap Blackhawks Jerseys Cheap Avalanche Jerseys Cheap Blue Jackets Jerseys Cheap Stars Jerseys Cheap Red Wings Jerseys Cheap Oilers Jerseys Cheap Florida Panthers Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Cheap Wild Jerseys ' ' '