PHOENIX (AP) — For all the off-field shenanigans

liny195

PHOENIX (AP) — For all the off-field shenanigans

Postautor: liny195 » 14 sie 2019 03:25

George Asafo-Adjei NFL Jersey , verbal discord and injuries, Odell Beckham Jr. still is a special player. Giants owner John Mara recognizes that in the wake of the team trading the standout wide receiver to Cleveland earlier this month.“They made an offer that Dave (Gettleman, the Giants’ general manager) and Pat (Shurmur, the coach) found compelling, and we ultimately approved it,” Mara said Sunday at the NFL owners meetings. “It was a reluctant approval because I like Odell.”Mara, whose grandsons cried when told of the trade, acknowledged it’s “not going to be easy” to see what Beckham does for the Browns. He didn’t specify if he might bawl as well.“The toughest phone call I had to make was to my grandsons to tell them we traded their favorite player George Asafo-Adjei NFL Draft ,” Mara said. “They sobbed uncontrollably.”But Beckham is gone in exchange for a first- and third-round draft selection and safety Jabrill Peppers, who should be a starter with Landon Collins leaving for Washington in free agency.New York wound up 5-11 and last in the NFC East, including going 2-6 at home. Beckham missed four games; the year before, he missed 12 with a severe ankle injury that could have threatened his career.“There were always extra issues,” Mara said, referring in part to a one-game suspension in 2015 for an on-field feud with then-Carolina cornerback Josh Norman. “But I thought they were manageable ones, particularly given the talent.”One thing Mara doesn’t find so manageable is the criticism his team is taking for keeping Eli Manning as the starting quarterback. The Giants pick sixth in next month’s draft and have two first-rounders, so selecting a QB is highly possible. But the two-time Super Bowl MVP George Asafo-Adjei Buffalo Bills Jersey , at 38, is considered the No.1 guy.“Do I feel a certain amount of sentimentality toward Eli? Of course I do,” Mara said. “But would I ever let that get in the way of making a football decision? Absolutely not.“We’d never tell a coach or a general manager we have to keep this guy because we love him or because he’s done so much for the franchise. You make a football decision based on whether you think he can play or not. I do believe we can win with him if we continue to surround him with the right people.”Giants vs. Patriots, preseason Week 4: Game time, TV channels, odds, live stream, radio Infant Christopher Slayton Jersey , more It’s game day, New York Giants fans! Your Giants host the New England Patriots in preseason action on Thursday at 7 p.m. at MetLife Stadium. Here is everything you need to watch, listen to and wager on Thursday’s game.Game detailsWhat: Giants vs. New England PatriotsWhen: Thursday, August 30Where: MetLife StadiumGame time: 7 p.m. ETTV: WNBC 4 (New York City) Announcers: (WNBC 4) - Bob Papa (Play-by-play), Carl Banks (Analyst) and Howard Cross (Analyst).Radio: National — SiriusXM Internet (Channel 820 – New England), SiriusXM Internet (Channel 822 – New York), SiriusXM Radio (Channel 88 – New York) and online; Giants Radio Network — WCBS 880-AM and local affiliates.Odds: Giants -3 [Odds Shark]Prediction: Odds Shark predicts a 25-20 Giants victoryOnline Stream: NFL GamepassReplay: NFL GamepassWeather: 84 degrees at kickoff, Mostly cloudy [NFL Weather]SB Nation Patriots website: Pats PulpritLocked on Giants podcast: Check out our latest episode! You can also find us on ITunes or Spotify by searching ‘Locked On Giants.’Check the @BigBlueView Twitter account for in-game updates. As always Christopher Slayton Jersey Draft , there will first and second-half threads for you to comment in. There will be plenty of post-game coverage, as well, so make sure you don’t miss any of that.Regular-season scheduleWeek 1 (Sept. 9): vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (1 p.m. | FOX)Week 2: (Sept. 16): @ Dallas Cowboys (8:20 p.m. | FOX)Week 3 (Sept. 23): @ Houston Texans (1 p.m. | FOX)Week 4 (Sept. 30): vs. New Orleans Saints (4:25 p.m. | CBS)Week 5 (Oct. 7): @ Carolina Panthers (1 p.m. | FOX)Week 6 (Oct. 11): vs. Philadelphia Eagles (8:25 p.m. | FOX, NFL Network, Amazon Prime)Week 7 (Oct. 22): @ Atlanta Falcons (8:15 p.m. | ESPN)Week 8 (Oct. 28): vs. Washington Redskins (1 p.m. | FOX)Week 9: BYEWeek 10 (Nov. 12): @ San Francisco 49ers (8:15 p.m. | ESPN)Week 11 (Nov. 18): vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1 p.m. | FOX)Week 12 (Nov. 25): @ Philadelphia Eagles (1 p.m. | FOX)Week 13 (Dec. 2): vs. Chicago Bears (1 p.m. | FOX)Week 14 (Dec. 9): @ Washington Redskins (1 p.m. | FOX)Week 15 (Dec. 16): vs. Tennessee Titans (1 p.m. | CBS)Week 16 (TBD): @ Indianapolis Colts (TBD)Week 17: Dec. 30): vs. Dallas Cowboys (1 p.m. | FOX)