wn in the zone. He threw some

lw789

wn in the zone. He threw some

Postautor: lw789 » 13 paź 2018 05:32

TAMPA, Fla. -- What Anthony Jennings lacked in experience, LSU more than compensated for with a talented supporting cast in the Outback Bowl. Jennings made plenty of freshman mistakes Wednesday, however they werent nearly as costly as they could have been for the 14th-ranked Tigers with Jeremy Hill rushing for 216 yards and two touchdowns in a 21-14 victory. The second quarterback in school history to make his first college start in a bowl game, Jennings fretted over an interception that helped Iowa (8-5) get back in the game. But with the outcome on the line, he simply turned and handed the ball to Hill, who made sure LSU (10-3) would not lose. "Anthony in his first start was tight," coach Les Miles said, adding that Jennings learned some lessons will be beneficial moving forward with his career. "He wasnt perfect by any stretch," Miles said. "But he did what he had to do." Craig Lostons fourth-quarter interception stopped a potential tying drive, giving Hill a chance to put the game out of reach by carrying four times for 87 yards on a six-play, 92-yard march that gave LSU (10-3) a 21-7 lead. Iowa (8-5) pulled within a touchdown for the second time in 4 minutes after Jordan Cotton returned the ensuing kickoff to the Tigers 4. Jennings ran for a first-quarter touchdown, but the true freshman struggled to hit open receivers while completing 7 of 19 passes for 82 yards. In addition to throwing an interception that Iowas John Lowdermilk returned 71 yards, he was sacked four times while standing in for the injured Zach Mettenberger. C.J. Beathard replaced Jake Rudock at quarterback for Iowa on the first play of the fourth quarter. His fourth-down interception stopped one promising drive, but he also tossed a 4-yard TD pass to Kevonte Martin-Manley that trimmed Iowas deficit to 21-14 with 1:42 remaining. Lowdermilk set up Iowas other TD -- Mark Weismans 2-yard run in the third quarter -- with his interception return to the LSU 1. Officials initially ruled Lowdermilk, who was untouched on the return, scored. But the TD was reversed when a replay review determined the Iowa defender dropped the ball before crossing the goal line. "It was just an embarrassing play, and thats not Iowa Hawkeye football. ... I really regret it and I apologize," Lowdermilk said. "It was just a sickening feeling all around. I was just so happy Mark scored. It was a bonehead play on my part." The victory enabled LSU to finish with at least 10 wins for a school-record fourth consecutive season. The loss ended Iowas three-game winning streak. "Our team wanted to create a legacy, and the seniors wanted to be the first group to win 10 games four years in a row. They wanted to win a bowl championship and they wanted to commit to playing as a team," Miles said. "The hard work that each and every guy has went through, there was no question they were going to play hard together." Hill, a 235-pound sophomore who rushed with 1,401 yards and 16 TDs this season, averaged 7.7 yards per carry on 28 attempts. On the clinching drive, he delivered runs of 2, 28, 20 and, finally, 37 yards for his second touchdown. He also scored on a 14-yard run in the second quarter. "Given an opportunity to close out a game, he knows what to do," Miles said. "I took it on my shoulders that I needed to make plays to win the football game," Hill said. "Great players have that mentality." Iowa was back in a bowl after staying at home with a 4-8 record in 2012. The Hawkeyes four regular-season losses came to nationally ranked Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Northern Illinois, teams that took a combined record of 45-6 into the Rose, Orange, Capital One and Poinsettia bowls. LSUs first trip to Tampa since 1989, when the Outback was known as the Hall of Fame Bowl, capped another successful season under Les Miles, but one that fell short of expectations for a program accustomed to contending for national titles. Besides a three-touchdown loss to Alabama, the Tigers dropped three-point decisions to SEC rivals Georgia and Mississippi, while also displaying their potential by being the only team to defeat No. 2 Auburn during the regular season. Jennings came off the bench in the closing minutes to finish a comeback victory over Arkansas in the regular-season finale, leading a 99-yard game-winning drive that he finished with a 49-yard TD pass. Miles expected Jennings to play well, citing poise as one of the 19-year-olds strongest assets. Iowa didnt have much film to study of the young quarterback, but Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz said any newcomer who entered a program such as LSUs and rose to No. 2 on the depth chart as a true freshman figured to have the makings of a star. And with a talented supporting cast around him, Jennings didnt have to carry the Tigers on his back Wednesday. Hill and receivers Odell Beckham Jr. and Jarvis Landry combined with Mettenberger this season to make LSU the first team in SEC history to feature a 3,000-yard passer, two 1,000-yard receivers and a 1,000-yard rusher in the same year. And the Tigers didnt stray from the formula that made them one of the leagues top offences. Hill broke a 42-yard run on his first carry, setting the tone against an Iowa defence that entered yielding just under 121 yards per game rushing and a little more than 303 overall, third in the Big Ten and seventh nationally. Seven plays later, Jennings finished a 77-yard drive with his 2-yard TD run. "It was a gutsy performance by Iowa," Miles said. "We had a great amount of respect for them coming in and they showed that respect was well earned." Ronnie Harrison Jersey . Not that Durant cared. The only streak he cares about is still intact. Taven Bryan Jersey .com) - His team lost in the round of 16 of the FCS playoffs, yet Northern Iowa football coach Mark Farley says his team has made a strong case to be voted to the top 5 in the final rankings. http://www.thejaguarsfansshop.com/Jagua ... ft-Jersey/. The freestyle skier from Calgary finished sixth in the qualification round with a total of 82.00 points. Groenewoud won a silver medal at the X Games last month, just over five weeks after undergoing double knee surgery. D.J. Hayden Jersey . You can, too, Clay Buchholz, if we ignore the sixth inning of Game 2. Doug Fister and Jake Peavy, youre up next in Game 4 and theres a lot to live up to. Carson Tinker Jersey . Phoenix originally signed Barbosa to a 10-day contract on Jan. 8 after Eric Bledsoe injured his knee and then signed him to another 10-day deal.R.A. Dickey tries for his first win in four starts on Wednesday when the Toronto Blue Jays wrap up a brief two-game series with the Milwaukee Brewers at Miller Park. Dickey lost in Seattle last Wednesday, but pitched well, surrendering two runs and seven hits in six innings in the 2-0 loss. The former National League Cy Young Award winner struggled with his control, though, and walked four batters, as he fell to 9-12 on the year to go along with a 3.95 ERA. It marked the 12th consecutive start that Dickey pitched at least six innings and his second consecutive quality start. Dickey has faced the Brewers five times (3 starts) and is 1-1 against them with a 2.63 ERA. Milwaukee, meanwhile, turns to rookie right-hander Jimmy Nelson, who may be pitching to keep his spot in the rotation. Nelson did not get a decision on Friday in Los Angeles, but turned in his fifth consecutive quality start, allowing two runs to the Dodgers over six innings in his teams 6-3 win. "Jimmy was good. I liked his command," Roenicke said. "His fastball was mostly down in the zone. He threw some really good sliders. So yeah, I thought that was one of his better games..dddddddddddd" Still, Nelson, who is 2-3 on the year with a 3.86 ERA, could be the odd man out once Matt Garza returns from his oblique strain. Nelson may lose his spot thanks to how well Mike Fiers has been. Fiers was again solid on Tuesday and Khris Davis knocked in two runs to help Milwaukee to a 6-1 win. Rickie Weeks, Jonathan Lucroy, Ryan Braun and Aramis Ramirez also knocked in a run apiece for the Brewers, the NL Central leaders who have won five consecutive games. On the heels of his 14-strikeout performance against the Cubs, Fiers (3-1) retired the final 18 batters he faced, eventually going seven innings and allowing a run on two hits with six strikeouts. "I wanted to be aggressive in the strike zone and make them swing the bat," Fiers said. Munenori Kawasaki drove in the lone run for the Blue Jays, who skidded to their sixth loss in their last seven. J.A. Happ (8-8) was charged in defeat for four runs on six hits over just 3 1/3 frames. "We got outplayed and it started with me," Happ said. Toronto had swept a two-game series from the Brewers earlier in the season. NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys China NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Gear Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Womens Jerseys Cheap Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Womens Jerseys China NFL Gear Cheap Authentic Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys China ' ' '